It can sometimes be challenging to keep track of which folders and databases your services are using, especially if your server machine and your publishers' machines are referencing different data locations. To help you with this, ArcGIS Server Manager allows you to review the workspaces used by your service.
Service workspaces are a listing of the folders and databases containing datasets currently referenced by your service. Each dataset name within the service is listed, along with the file path locations and database connection properties of your data. This information can guide you to the location of the data referenced by your service.
Keep in mind that service workspaces are only supported for map, feature, image, and geodata services. However, service workspace information is not available for the preconfigured SampleWorldCities map service that is installed with ArcGIS Server.
To view your service workspaces in Server Manager, follow these steps:
- Open ArcGIS Server Manager and log in.
If you need help with this step, see Log in to Manager.
- Click Services > Manage Services.
- Locate your service in the Services module. If your service resides in a folder, navigate to that folder and locate the service.
- Click Service Workspaces .
- On the Service Workspaces dialog box, the tab displayed corresponds to how you published your service and its associated data. The tabs that do not correspond to how you published your data will be disabled. A description of each tab is listed below:
- The Referenced tab displays datasets referenced by the service in which the publisher's machine and the server's path to the data are identical. For a list of common scenarios in which this would occur, see About registering your data with ArcGIS Server.
- The Replaced tab displays datasets referenced by the service in which the publisher's machine and the server's path to the data are different. For a list of common scenarios in which this would occur, see About registering your data with ArcGIS Server.
- The Copied tab displays datasets referenced by the service that were automatically copied to the server during publishing. For a list of common scenarios in which this would occur, see Copy data to the server automatically when publishing.
- Click each data item listed in the tab to reveal the location of the datasets referenced by your service. The dataset location information is displayed in the Workspace Properties section of the Service Workspaces dialog box.
- When you're finished, close the Service Workspaces dialog box.