There are a number of capabilities that you can enable or disable to have greater control over your site's functionality. Each site has a capabilities page which provides information on available options. These options can be enabled or disabled at anytime.
The following options are capabilities that can be enabled for every site.
Enabling the API Explorer capability provides access for others to explore the Geoservices API, generate queries, and see the responses from the preview page. This can be useful for those who want to understand how data can be programmatically accessed and to enable others in building system integration with your ArcGIS data.
If you have PDFs or other document links on your site, like Word documents or external URLs, the Document iFrames capability displays the link's content directly on your site. If disabled, a provided link will open in a new tab or it'll download in the browser.
If enabled, the app page capability renders Story Maps and Simple Map Viewers immediately on the preview page. If disabled, selecting these items in search will open them in a new browser window.
Enable or disable capabilities
You can manage your site's capabilities from within the Site Editor.
- Sign in to your ArcGIS Enterprise portal.
- Click the Sites app to open the Site Manager.
- Find your site and click its title.
- Click the edit icon to open the Site Editor. If you don't see the edit icon on the far left of the site, ensure that you're signed in and have privileges to edit content.
- Click Capabilities on the Customize panel.
- View available capabilities. Standard options are provided under Options and beta capabilities are listed under Beta.
- Click the toggle to enable or disable a capability.
- When you're ready, click Save in the edit navigation bar to apply changes to your site.