Once your ArcGIS Notebook Server site has been created, you can install ArcGIS Web Adaptor and register it with the portal.
ArcGIS Web Adaptor provides a connection between your enterprise web server and your ArcGIS Notebook Server site. It allows you to choose the port, address, and authentication settings for incoming requests.
The steps to install and configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor with ArcGIS Notebook Server are basically the same as other ArcGIS Server roles. Accordingly, the links below go to the ArcGIS Server section of the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation guide.
The set up steps for ArcGIS Web Adaptor can differ depending on the type of web server (IIS, Java on Windows, or Java on Linux) on which it's being installed.
- If you're unfamiliar with the ArcGIS Web Adaptor software component, see About ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
- Install and configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor by following the steps in the appropriate section:
- If appropriate for your organization, you can also set up a reverse proxy server for ArcGIS Notebook Server in addition to the requisite Web Adaptor.
- Consider the following differences between ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Notebook Server as they relate to ArcGIS Web Adaptor:
- The port used by ArcGIS Notebook Server for all communication is 11443, whereas the HTTPS port used by ArcGIS Server is 6443. When you configure the Web Adaptor with ArcGIS Notebook Server, specify the URL format https://notebookserver.domain.com:11443.
- During Web Adaptor configuration, ensure that the Enable administrative access to your site through the Web Adaptor check box is checked. This is the default option and must be enforced. For other ArcGIS Server roles, you can choose to disable administrative access via the site's Web Adaptor, but you cannot disable it for an ArcGIS Notebook Server site.
- For ArcGIS Web Adaptor instances running on IIS, enable the WebSocket protocol. This is required for notebooks to work with an IIS-based Web Adaptor.
When ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed and configured with your ArcGIS Notebook Server site, configure the site with your ArcGIS Enterprise portal.